Friday, June 12, 2009

Just What Do I Need a Home Warranty For?

I am a contractor that does a lot of home warranty service calls. I have many people ask me this question. Since I am a service provider for a home warranty company, I could be considered biased. I don't think that I am but that is not what this article is about. Home Warranties, at least the company that I work for cover all of the home's mechanical devices. Obviously this is a long list of things that could and likely will fail in any given time. Your responsibility is to pay the premium which can be aout $500.00 to $1,000.00 annually and each service call placed you must pay a service fee of about $55.00 to $100.00. I have had many customers tell me that they have had two or three service calls a year and some have been substantially expensive repairs. As a rule, I think they are a very good deal. I know from my end most of my sevice calls range from $150.00 to $350.00. But let's say that your furnace goes out and needs to be replaced. They will replace it for just your service fee. This saves your budget. You will have to assess this for yourself, however, I can't see how this doesn't work in the homeowner's favor. On the other hand, the home warranty company has to make money so it must work out for their benefit as well. Let me end this article by saying that all home warranty companies are not as good as the one that I work for. In fact I deny taking calls for most of the others since they are too much trouble to deal with and they seem to want to deny as many calls as possible. This is not the case with the one I deal with. There you have it. My very opinionated opinion.

www.mcconnellphac.com

No comments:

Post a Comment